St. Bartholomew's Quorn
Concert for Ukraine
On 14th May our Church held a concert in aid of the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
Due to the generous donations from the wider community in sponsorship and time all money raised will be donated directly to the appeal.
It was wonderful to see the community, young and old come together in our church for the people of Ukraine.
Total amount raised from this concert is an amazing £2752.
Below is a brief description in words and pictures of the event.
1.Members of the Charnwood Orchestra. (Mary Treasure, Steve Hall, Paul Ripley, Lindsey Holleworth and Wendy Philpott )
The Ukraine National Anthem was played, and the audience stood.
This was followed by Handel's Water Music
2. Entertainment was provided by Anna Jane Davies (Soprano), Chris Susans (Lute and Guitar) and Yvonne Bloor (Classical Guitar).
3. St. Bartholomew's Church Choir sang "Hallelujah" from the Ukraine Orthodox Liturgy and two pieces by John Rutter.
4. QUO (Quorn Ukulele Orchestra) entertained during the interval.
5. Rawlins Academy - Grease Medley
6. Amelie singing 'Quiet' from Matilda
7. Marcia and John 'You Don't Bring Me Flowers'
8. Josie singing 'Killer Instinct' from Bring It On
9. Making Rooms written by Murray Holt. Performed by (left to right) Murray Holt, Jenny Winning, Emma Smith, Sue Booles and John Spencer. Marcia played the barmaid and directed.
10. QU - Keith Croysdale and Steve Clay. 'He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother'
11. Sally Rigby accompanied by William Rigby sang 'Stars and the Moon'
12. The Finale - St. Bart's own ABBA - Marcia, Julie, Keith and Steve.